Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014
Easter Sunday
I know through the Power of the Holy Ghost that Christ did rise from the Dead.
We will live again. Death has no sting. 
Dear Friends and Family,

How grateful I am for the opportunity to send a message to you all each week. This Wednesday starts the last 6 week period of my mission, or transfer. I'll most likely stay in the area I’m already in, with the same companion. We're finding the good and hard times, and they all are for our experience and progression. 

I'd like to share a special experience I had this Easter Sunday. Each morning, as missionaries, we start off the day by studying the scriptures for an hour by ourselves. I chose on this special morning to read about Christ's resurrection, and about what happened on the original Easter morning. I chose to read the account given by Elder James E. Talmage, as given in Chapter 37 of his book "Jesus The Christ." As I read of his resurrection and declaration that he must ascend to His God, and our God (John 20:28), that the glorious hope of returning to live with our Heavenly Father is now realized. This Atonement, which includes his suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, death on the cross, and resurrection, gives us access to forgiveness on the day of judgment when we will be "judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to [our] works" (Revelation 20:12). Through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, we can again live with our families forever! How great is that! I know through the Power of the Holy Ghost that Christ did rise from the Dead. We will live again. Death has no sting. 

We brought Andres to church, and he enjoyed his experience. I was disappointed in the small numbers that attended to worship God on Easter Sunday, instead they were out worshiping other gods such as camping, hunting and other activities that commonly desecrate the Lord's holy day. It was a great experience for those who were there! 

This past week, Elder Tamacas and I took one of our former investigators, Gregorio Rivera, the horse jockey from Puerto Rico, downtown to Temple Square. He loved his experience there, and said often that he felt he was "in another world." That man can feel the spirit! He accepted to be baptized, however he moved to Delaware, were he will be for 6 months. We've been following up on him so he can make that sacred covenant as soon as possible! We didn't bring our cameras down town, but we got a picture afterward.

I love you all! Happy Easter again, always remember what Christ has done, and what he expects you to do. 


-Elder Toborg

No comments:

Post a Comment