Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014
This is the big week!



This is the week that the Navarrete family gets baptized! It’s been an exciting time! The three girls, Veronica, Angie and Kasandra have hardly been able to wait this long. Their mother, Carlita, has been learning the most, and teaching her children. The only one who still isn't sure is Dad, Lorenzo. He has expressed to us that he wants to get baptized and believes the Book of Mormon is true (he found this out by reading part of the book and then praying about the book), but he won't tell us why he won't make the decision to get baptized. 

I continue to have spiritual experiences that fortify my testimony of God, our Father, His Son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost. It is by the power of the Holy Ghost that I know these things. I love the testimony that Jesus gives in the New Testament about his own Father, saying, "I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." (John 14:28) There are countless martyrs who testified to their graves of the divinity of Jesus Christ, and how he became exalted, with endless power next to his Father. Stephen such a testimony before he was stoned in Acts 7:55-56; "But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on  the right hand of God, and said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing on the right hand of God." Here we see the wonderful separation of roles of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. I have been full of the Holy Ghost and it has born witness to me that Jesus Christ really did walk this Earth, fulfilling everything that his Father sent him to do (John 6:38). 

This is a wonderful time to be alive. There are signs all around us that the world is approaching time for the Lord Jesus Christ to come again. Watch the news if you don't believe me! The Lord has called double the amount of missionaries at this exact time to bring everyone to Christ. May we all be one, even as Christ says he is one with his Father, and as he asked his Disciples to be (John 17:11). One in unity, one in purpose, one in inviting others to come unto Christ by receiving his Gospel through Faith in Him and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end. 

This is the testimony that is in me, and I share it with all of you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 


-Elder Toborg

No comments:

Post a Comment