Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014
Friends and Family!

Right now there is a Sandstorm outside, which is the first I've experienced. I hope that Spring emerges after this storm passes.

This week was great. The crowning event was the confirmation of the Navarrete family, to which the father, Lorenzo, came for the first time! After their confirmation, or receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of Hands as we learn in the bible (Acts Chapter 8), the former Mission President of the Uganda Mission spoke. After telling some wonderful stories of obedience, we went up to him to say hi. When I introduced myself from Seattle, he asked if I knew any "Rennie" family. Why yes, I do! Mike Rennie, who's on his mission right now. The mission president then said, "Elder Christian Rennie was our AP for 9 months!" So, I met Christian Rennie's mission president!

This week we had transfers. The elders in our area were replaced with sisters, making our district consist of two companionships of sisters, and the zone leaders. We'll see how this goes! 

Baptism I had in Kearns January of 2013, Nora Mayorga
I find that I used most of my time emailing friends and family one on one, so I apologize for the shortness of this letter. All is well, Elder Tamacas and I are together still, and we're having a great time teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

God lives, he talks to men today, the Book of Mormon is evidence of this fact. Read, ponder, pray for yourselves. By their fruits, may ye know them (Matthew 7:20). Love you all!


-Elder Toborg
Spanish and English elders and sisters who came into the mission field with me w/ Pres & Sis Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment