Monday, January 13, 2014

Jan 13, 2014 Thanks to all!



Elder Toborg is 21!!
January 13, 2014
Thanks to all!


Friends and Family,
Happy 21st Birthday today Elder Toborg
Thank you so much for all of the Birthday wishes! It makes me happy to hear from so many of you, and from some who I normally don't hear from! Reminders as well that Elder Ben Black had his birthday yesterday, and my wonderful friend Maxwell Sherman has his birthday on the 12th! Send a birthday wish their way if you know them! I haven't been able to read all of the birthday wishes yet, and my time is running out so please be patient with me as I will have to reply to some next week! I appreciate them all! 

This past week has been a wonderful turn around, we were able to dedicate much of our time to finding, and we were able to find a family of 6!

The family we found is the Geraro family, from Mexico. I was on an exchange with Elder Moreira (An elder from Spain) and we were coming to the end of our night, and hadn't found any new investigators, so we prayed for direction. I was prompted to go to the Geraro's home; I knew of them before, having taught the father, and this time we got to teach all 6 of the family members. They were touched by the importance God has for our families. We invited them to be baptized, and the father said yes, except, he had been invited before and knew he can't be baptized until he's married, and they hadn't spoken of marriage yet. All 4 of their daughters (ages 6, 8, 10 and 12) emphatically agreed that they should get married. The Mom wasn't too convinced... I'll let you know how the next lesson goes! 

Last night, Sunday night the 12th, we had a wonderful miracle. One of the member families in our ward has a cousin from El Salvador who moved into their home. Turns out she's not a member of the church, which we thought she was because she had been coming to church for a while now. We taught her about baptism and the promise that we can be forgiven for our mistakes. That's what she needed to hear I guess, because as we asked her to pray, she spent 15 minutes on her knees, most of it in silence, asking for a forgiveness of her sins. She's now preparing to be baptized on January 26th. What Faith to accept baptism only 14 days from then! 

All of these new investigators have come from a focus on finding. The Mission Leadership met for a council on this last Wednesday, where we learned about the first Mission Training Plan which is a mission wide focus on one topic. The topic this week, finding! Elder Clark and I put the pedal to the metal and we've been working hard and the Lord has been blessing us! 

I wish I had more pictures for you! All I saw this week were the same streets of the Kearns West Stake that I’ve seen for the last 7 months, nothing too new. I'll get some for sure this upcoming week!

Love you ALL, and I’m increasing my Charity each day.

-Elder Toborg
(Mom's note: Daniel wrote this before he arrived at the mission office where Kathy Wilhelmsen, our Texas friend who now lives in Draper, UT, had delivered this great cake and balloon. Yeehaw! What a treat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment