Monday, May 13, 2013

Freddy Quintana

May 13, 2013

I'll be brief,

Elder Jeffery R. Holland came to speak to our mission. He invoked the powers of the spirit to touch our hearts and change us. He truly did. He reminded me of the promise that I made during baptism, to always remember Jesus Christ. Am I doing that enough? I certainly could do it more. Elder Holland bore powerful testimony that he was a witness of Christ, not bearing a witness anymore, but that he is a witness that Christ lives.

It was such a pleasure to see my family on Mother’s Day, they haven't changed, nor has the house, besides a complete desecration of my room, but that's to be expected.


We had a baptism last night (Mother’s Day night) of the ex-felon Freddy Quintana. He is an example of repentance and turning toward Christ. He still has a long way to go, but he can do it if he leans on the scriptures and prayer.

I've been eating a lot from taco stands; hope I don't get any strange Mexican disease from Veracruz... But since it tastes so good I don't mind.

We're pushing to break records for baptisms in one zone, but it will take miracles. Pray for missionary opportunities, they will come to you if you pray with faith, I’ve seen it.

I also included pictures from the Reeves Family baptism (in last blog post); they are a real example of the kingdom of God growing. I want that for every ward in the world! It's only possible through members.

Love you all!

-Elder Toborg-

No comments:

Post a Comment