Thursday, January 31, 2013



 Leadership Training 1-25-2013

January 28, 2013

Leadership

Family and Friends,

This week sure was stressful. I got moved just across the street to another part of Kearns, to be assigned as a District leader over 5 other Elders. It's now my fault if they do bad missionary work. No worries, I have the most powerful being on my side, God!

In my new area, we already had a baptism. It was a very sweet experience. Her name is Elen Robles, and she is the daughter of a recent convert in this area. She knew way more than I expected a 10 year old to be able to understand!

I no longer have time to think about food, exercise, or anything but missionary work. Having a leadership role really helps focus one on the task at hand, and in this case it's baptizing people into the Kingdom of God.

My new companion is Elder Daniel Smith. He's from southern California, near the Mexican border, and he's great. He left the same day I did, June 6th, and we're going to be a great team.

The new ward is awesome, we had 3 investigators come to church, and we just got a new bishop as well. The best support is the ward mission leader, who really does magnify his calling, and helps us doing the missionary work the way it should be.

With Pres. & Sis. Miller
We had a great District Leader meeting down at the mission office, were they instructed us how to be better leaders. We went over a lot of practical things such as "make sure they make their bed!" and a lot of spiritual things to help uplift us. I got to role play how to teach the law of Tithing in front of the group. As my Mother always says, "Fake it till you feel it," and it really does work like that.

Sadly, as a leader now I have to leave this computer and go do some administrative things. I hope to tell you all more about my new area and mission life next week!

- Elder Toborg-

No comments:

Post a Comment