Wednesday, December 12, 2012


 Nov 5, 2012

Hello Everyone!

First I'd like to inform everyone that I did not get transferred, nor did my companion Elder Gomez! So we're still rocking Sandy together! To show us that it's never an easy ride though even when we don't get transferred, the Lord has seen it fit to not only hit our area with a very dry run of people to teach, but our entire district as well, which has put pressure on Elder Gomez as the leader of the district to increase performance. It's not about numbers, it's all about helping people; though the more you help people, the higher your numbers will be.

I just finished reading Peter's adventures in Mexico. At least in his letters he sounds very optimistic. though now I feel like a king living in Utah while he didn't have hot water for a week. Peter was the perfect person to be there, it sounds like he's going to use his charm to weasel himself a seat as assistant to the President so he can "do paper work in the summer" haha.

We started this transfer off with a mission conference, or gathering of the whole mission, at the Jordan River Temple, where we had dinner together on Halloween night and did temple work... for the dead on Halloween! Perfect! It was a very great experience; and then to top it all off, we had emeritus seventy Richard G. Hinckley speak to us, the son of former President Gordon B. Hinckley. He knows so much about missionary work, seeing as he was in charge of all missionary affairs for the church for about 3 years. We headed home around 10:15pm and we saw exactly 1 person on the streets, in front of their houses, or anywhere for the 45 minute drive. The only person we saw was a father in his garage putting away Halloween decorations. Did Halloween get canceled or something? Silly Obama canceling everything good in life... Jokes. With the beginning of our third transfer together, Elder Gomez and I set some goals and rules we want to stick to for this last transfer together. Most have to do with health; so far we've both lost 1-2 pounds in the last 5 days! So we're going good.

Yesterday I was able to officially welcome Alejandro into the ward by giving him the gift of the Holy Ghost to help guide him and help him endure to the end in the teachings of Jesus Christ. This time I decided to memorize the prayer instead of reading it; this really allowed the Spirit to flow more easily and to the best of my Spanish abilities it seemed to go well!

Yes I received the package for Halloween, but sadly since Elder Gomez and I have banned chocolate from the house, we had to give the chocolate away to our district, but we're still enjoying the oatmeal raisin cookies! I have not received my ballot for voting; sadly this would be the slowness of the MTC and there isn't much we can do about it. Hopefully I receive it today!

It's great to hear about the family in the family letter, and Halloween in Washington! I love you all so much!

I heard from Dad that the news published some more erroneous claims that the Church of JESUS CHRIST is not CHRISTian. Well I'll let you answer that for yourselves. Just remember, if you want to know more about a topic, go to the source of that topic, not someone's opinion!

Jesus Christ established his doctrine and his church when he was here on the earth, as we read in the Bible. A scripture I found that describes his doctrine in a most profound way is found in the Book of Mormon in the book of Moroni chapter 8 versus 25 and 26. It describes how each part of his doctrine lead to the next part of the doctrine.

In this world of increasing attacks by the adversary to all righteousness, the Devil, it's becoming very difficult to keep one’s mind clear and thoughts clean. May I recommend change your music. On the mission, I've had the unique opportunity to listen strictly to things pertaining to Jesus Christ and his church; and music that promotes these teachings and values. Guess what I hum/think/sing all day? The teachings of Christ! Now I'm not saying you need to listen to strictly religious music, but try to pick music, that if you read the lyrics, you would follow the advice of the song and become a better person. If you really don't think you can do that, try listening to music that has no words at all, it really can bring joy or excitement into your life.

I love Jesus Christ, and the person he is helping me become by following his example. I testify that Jesus Christ is the head of and leads this church, and that only through following Jesus Christ by baptism and enduring to the end in Him we can live forever in happiness with our families in Heaven.

- Elder Toborg -

P.S. Christine it was great to hear from you, but I cannot reply to emails and you didn't give me your address so I can't write back!

No comments:

Post a Comment